24.10.10

reverse chocolate chip cookies

IMG_3757

One of my Top Five Desert Island Favourite Baked Goodies: Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's pretty much a fool-proof recipe, and it never fails to please. Plus, I mean, come on, how could you not love them?

Along with my standard switch to warmer clothes, I've also made my switch to a diet almost entirely composed of comfort foods (this includes a dangerous amount of baking). There was practically an audible click (or sonic boom, rather) when I made the decision to make the jump: I woke up one morning about two weeks ago and, BAM, summer attire was entirely forgotten.

IMG_3758

REVERSE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar
 (packed)
2 1/4 cups flour

1 tspn baking soda

3/4 tspn salt

1 cup softened butter

2 beaten eggs

1 tspn vanilla

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl, mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add wet ingredients to the flour/sugar mixture and mix until smooth. The dough gets a little stiff; this is where I usually start using my hands to mix everything together. If the dough is way too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons milk to soften it up. Just make sure not to add too much or the dough will be super sticky.

Once everything is well combined, add the white chocolate chips (and macadamia nuts if you want) and make sure they are well distributed.

Roll the dough into little 1 1/2 tablespoon balls and press lightly onto an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving a little over an inch between each one (I aim to get 12 onto each sheet).

Stick 'em in the oven for 9 minutes, remove, and allow to cool before removing from cookie sheet. Enjoy!

IMG_3761

Makes about 36 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket Photobucket